Yakima Dove Hunt

Yakima Dove Hunt

Yakima Dove Hunt #2

Yakima Dove Hunt #2

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The One Year Mark

Yesterday marked one year- Dad has been gone a whole year now. I took the morning to leisurely make it out to the cemetery, stopping by La'El's for coffee first. A little joy to work up to the sadness that I knew would follow. I got to the cemetery and placed some calla lilies, irises and some red coral bells in the flower slot. Dad loved Calla Lillie's and I picked some from the bulbs he had shared with me so that was cool, the irises were from GG's house, also sentimental to me. The coral bells, they were what Dad wanted me to dig up and share with him, so on a weird way I did. I didn't last long there, nothing peaceful or joyful about it, but just needed to get there. I went to our property next, to check on the dogwood tree we all planted in his honor. Didn't even get halfway there before the tears came. It was a much harder place, lots of memories from early childhood on. I weeded around the base of the tree and planted some alyssum starts to hopefully add a little more color to the area.
Just so hard to believe he is gone. The girls miss him, Addie is most vocal about it. She just started sobbing at the street fair last weekend b/c she missed him. She didn't know what made her think about him, she said she just started feeling sad and missed him and GG. Poor sweet girl, love her sensitive little spirit.
This is the time of year we would always increase the number of times we spoke. Always plant questions and wondering who had what plants to divide and share-I miss that along with all the knowledge he accumulated about plants....so may things I miss about him....

No comments: